well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Household Hints and Hacks
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Household Hints and Hacks
 Login/Join

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
We did laundry sheets for two years. Initially I was very happy with them. Over time, I found that there was a build up on clothes and they held odours. They were fine coming out of the dryer but after a couple of weeks they smelled not clean. We switched to plain old powdered Tide and everything feels and smells way cleaner. I wanted to love them but they just didn’t work as well.

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I realized today that of all of the kitchen knives we have, the ones that have held up best over the years are the Kiwi knives - made in Thailand. They hold their edge better than nice Henkel knives, the wood handles have survived hundreds of trips through the dishwasher and they never rust.

Amazon. About $8 each.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Kiwi knives: Very interesting, Steve. Customer reviews on Amazon also very favorable. I’m not in the market right now but good information.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post