well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    RIP MarkB
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP MarkB
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the WTFer-of-the-month thread, wtg. It felt like old times to read through it, but it made me very sad.

I can't believe he's gone.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It felt like old times to read through it, but it made me very sad.

Same here.
Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18505 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I’m still processing. He was a truly wonderful human being. I’m thinking of his family, too.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
I have not visited the WTF in longer than I care to admit, but 2 wonderful members sent me an email to let me know of Mark's passing. I am so sorry to hear this.

I enjoyed him thoroughly and we were friends on FB, but like others here, I have not seen any of his posts in sometime. RIP Mark.

rich galassini
cunningham piano co.
215 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
I actually didn't know that Mark was Ermo!

he wasn’t. If you look at the thread that WTG posted above I put a picture in there of Mark with another guy with his face obscured. The other guy is Ermo.

I met Ermo in person a couple of times, as did Mark. We chatted, off-line, away from the forum a number of times. Ermo was very private and did not want his real identity on here.

Matt revealed on FB that MarkB was, in fact, Ermo, and that he was in a position to know, as admin of WTF.

So, who should we believe???

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mark, with Precipice Improv:

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37926 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
I actually didn't know that Mark was Ermo!

he wasn’t. If you look at the thread that WTG posted above I put a picture in there of Mark with another guy with his face obscured. The other guy is Ermo.

I met Ermo in person a couple of times, as did Mark. We chatted, off-line, away from the forum a number of times. Ermo was very private and did not want his real identity on here.

Matt revealed on FB that MarkB was, in fact, Ermo, and that he was in a position to know, as admin of WTF.

So, who should we believe???

I think Matt may be confused by the fact that Ermo, Mark, CJQ and I shared a sock puppet account for a while. We all had passwords to the same account, and took turns at it.

I know for 100% certainty that Ermo is a different person. I’ve met him in person, I’ve had dinner and lunch with him in restaurants, I’ve spoken to him on his phone at his workplace. I have had three way email exchanges with me, him, and Mark.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I have missed his posts. He was hilarious.

What awful news - so young and so quickly. I will keep his family in my thoughts.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this. I was wondering about markb because I haven’t seen any posts from him for a long time now.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
WTG reminded me about his music group, Donuts for Dinner.

Donuts

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I couldn't make out the text on that magazine cover..thanks for clearing that up, P*D!

The interview with the Donuts:

https://www.montgomerymag.com/...covers-the-classics/

Performing:

https://www.facebook.com/4donu...os/2483001125331978/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37926 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
I realize that on internet forums, people sometimes leave without saying good bye for as many reasons as there are people. I’ve done the same thing myself on other forums.

This appears to be an opportune time to ask about these three WTF members since other long gone members have been mentioned. They were long time posters here but haven’t posted for years. Or maybe I missed their final good bye post. Anyone hear from them?

EHPianist, Piano Again, and Bongwater Q. Liberalstein

I think BQL might have been someone’s sock puppet or wasn't he?

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
EHPianist is on FB. She doesn't post here (much) any more. Haven't heard from Piano Again in a while. I met her once at a piano party at Cathy Harl's place.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Piano Again is on Facebook from time to time.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Ax organized a couple of virtual piano parties, and EHpianist stopped in for the one in May 2020.

http://well-temperedforum.grou...433/m/9473982497/p/1

Bazootiehead-in-training