well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    RIP MarkB
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP MarkB
 Login/Join

Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted
I’ve just learned that MarkB (also known for some time as the sock puppet “Ermo”) passed away yesterday from non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I am grief-struck.

--------------------------------
[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yes, I just heard as well. Like you, I am in grief. What a wonderful, lovely man. My heart breaks for his family.

Posts: 35370 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Oh, no! I had been following his journey on CaringBridge and the last update I read a few weeks ago didn't sound promising. How terribly, terribly sad.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to his family.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37830 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Such horrible news. Mark was a great guy. I can hardly imagine how his family must feel. RIP

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Do you all think it would be OK to share his CaringBridge page or his obituary, either here or via PM? People could express their condolences directly to the family.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37830 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
this is stunning and so sad. I feel like I got to know him some online, but I always wanted to meet him in person.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Frowner

I didn't know he was ill.

My heart goes out to his family.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18372 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
WTG - you can place it here. We can always murder the information later if we want. Really puts a pall over the day.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mark's Caring Bridge page. It seems that this is where a lot of his friends have been expressing their support along the way. I think you have to create a CaringBridge account in order to view it. I set one up several years ago to follow another friend's illness, and I've never had a problem with the site being intrusive with emails, etc.

The CB journal also mentions some charities that the family holds near and dear.

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/markbleich/journal

Obituary:

https://www.dignitymemorial.co...mark-bleich-11105579

I'm not on FB, so I don't have a link for his page.

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
His Caring Bridge is so, so heartbreaking to read. Frowner

BTW, to back up what WTG said, I also have a Caring Bridge account, and it's never an issue.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18372 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Oh, I'm so sad to hear. I spent time with Mark more than once, one time at his house where I also met Cindy.

He was such a lovely, lovely man.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15507 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Remembering markb and his Grand Spinet...

http://well-temperedforum.grou...4535/m/440109244/p/1

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
This is very very sad news. I am in grief.

So long, buddy.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30033 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I first heard this news on Matt's Facebook page earlier today.

It really hit me hard.

At first, I thought Matt was making a joke (in the poorest imaginable taste) - linking the removal of a comic character somewhere (Ermo? Who what?) with Mark Bleich's dying. Did it have something to do with his Improv group?

Then I realized it was a real death announcement (using Ermo to tell it, owing to Mark's having used the character as a pseudonym at one time).
What a sad blow!

Reading his daughter Kayla's farewell to her Daddy, was heart-rending. He must have been the greatest dad (and husband).

I too post facto looked up his Caring Bridge page, and had no trouble accessing it (perhaps already having had an account for other ailing friends, made it easier). I wish I had known he was so sick, so I could have expressed my concern and affection while he was still there to hear it.

Some of my greatest regrets in life are not having reached out to (usually older, not necessarily sick) people who had meant a great deal to me, often having helped me.
I remember when my father was sick (and failing though not "officially" owing to my mother's "Positive Think"). When he got such admiring/affectionate messages even from people he didn't personally know, it meant a great deal to him.

Never, never neglect expressing kind thoughts, especially of gratitude and concern! Such regret is irreparable (much as I doubt Mark was aware of the depth of my appreciation - for that matter, that of other members here).

Don't others of you wish you could have known he was sick, so you could have expressed your kind thoughts, missing his contributions here, concern etc.? Shame we weren't aware - at least I wasn't. (WTG you seem to have had a special channel). I feel quite a pang.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
A sad day for all who knew him. RIP Mark.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post