well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Rx Tourism

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rx Tourism
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I know people who do this themselves, several for insulin:

Utah Flies Public Employees To Mexico To Fill Prescriptions

quote:
PEHP contracts with a Mexican pharmacy, Provide Rx, and Hospital Angeles. Provide RX doesn't even have a storefront like the ones you think of when you hear "Mexican pharmacy." Instead, patients make all the arrangements through their docs in Utah and then send the paperwork to Provide RX, which delivers the meds to the hospital ahead of time.

Looks like this is becoming a regular thing:

quote:
U.S. border officials have created a "medical lane" at the San Ysidro crossing to streamline reentry, and Provide Rx briefs patients on the usual script: "Always declare your medicine as personal use."

And it's spreading:

quote:
It's planning to start a second destination soon, flying patients to Vancouver, Canadaland, where "a clinic is right inside the airport."

How about that!

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34838 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Senator McConnell

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
My folks had some of their prescriptions filled in Nogales for years. It saved them a ton of money, especially when their drug wasn't on the list of "approved" medications for their insurance.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Crossed the border for antibiotics for Don when we were staying at South Padre and he was sick.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
To save money? Or just to avoid needing a prescription?

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
To save money? Or just to avoid needing a prescription?

To avoid need for prescription.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ve bought prescriptions in Mexico to cut costs. $1300/year in premiums won’t get you $400 proprietary medications you can get in Mexico for $35.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34838 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post