well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    One year ago today

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One year ago today
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
We arrived in Ohio - our new home.

It was 10 PM, low 20’s and snowing we we arrived to find that the painter we hired - despite being allotted 4 weeks to paint the house, was not finished and the whole interior was shrouded in plastic.

The moving van didn’t arrive for another week and I ended up throwing the painters off of the job so we could move the furniture in. I never did get the garage painted.

And now JD Vance is my senator.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
OMG Steve.

When is WTF going to get a laugh-cry emoji, I think we really need it!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

It was 10 PM, low 20’s and snowing we we arrived to find that the painter we hired - despite being allotted 4 weeks to paint the house, was not finished and the whole interior was shrouded in plastic.

The moving van didn’t arrive for another week and I ended up throwing the painters off of the job so we could move the furniture in. I never did get the garage painted.

"we arrived" is the good news part. Glad you are still there and enjoying it.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

It was the best race I knew of. I would not have been unhappy if Ryan won, although he ran a somewhat deceptive race (and spent TONS of money - started blanketing TV in June).

Look for Ryan to make a presidential bid in 2024. He'd be a good candidate.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Happy anniversary!

Howz the grandpa gig working out? Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post