well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Amazon.com's once-a-week shipping
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon.com's once-a-week shipping
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Considering that almost everything one buys these days is over packaged to begin with, shopping via Amazon can sometimes double the amount of packaging required to obtain something. There should be a law against it, or a huge environmental tax tacked on to every Amazon order. All the hoot and hollering about how much trash we produce (and it's true) yet everybody keeps going for the most irresponsible, wasteful options. (And that includes me, though I'm trying to do something about it.)

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10562 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
Considering that almost everything one buys these days is over packaged to begin with, shopping via Amazon can sometimes double the amount of packaging required to obtain something. There should be a law against it, or a huge environmental tax tacked on to every Amazon order. All the hoot and hollering about how much trash we produce (and it's true) yet everybody keeps going for the most irresponsible, wasteful options. (And that includes me, though I'm trying to do something about it.)

The flip side is that I may have to drive around all afternoon to get everything I put on one Amazon order.

Which damages the environment more?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34838 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post