well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Gates to spend billions preparing vaccine manufacture

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gates to spend billions preparing vaccine manufacture
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
He’ll start building out the capability for the seven most promising, eventually funding the two most promising of that group.

Basically guaranteeing to waste billions but saving vital months. Because if you wait until you know which are the best candidates before preparing manufacturing you’ll waste precious time.

https://www.businessinsider.co...t-coronavirus-2020-4

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Good for him.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20447 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yes! Way to step up! ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Waltons, what say ye?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Yes! Way to step up! ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Waltons, what say ye?

Don’t hold your breath.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I suspect his stewardship will be far more effective than the "leadership" of the 39 year old son-in-law-in-chief whose slot in college was bought.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I suspect his stewardship will be far more effective than the "leadership" of the 39 year old son-in-law-in-chief whose slot in college was bought.

Might you be speaking of Jared-the-dense?

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

Basically guaranteeing to waste billions but saving vital months.
Trading money for time and therefore many lives, smart and compassionate.

Way better than spending billions on the border wall.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Seen on twitter:

“If only we had taxed away Bill Gates' wealth, then instead of having 7 vaccine factories ready to go whenever we figure out which vaccine is most effective, we could have... *checks notes* ...enforced the ban on coronavirus testing for an extra week.“

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
You buy that, Jon?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Obviously the last part is hyperbole but the point is quite real. It isn’t the case that the government would be doing this if only they had taxed away Gate’s money.

Gates’s use of his (and Buffett’s) money has been far more useful to humanity than a marginal $50B would have been to the US treasury.

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I agree jon. Especially with the current mental midgets we have running this country.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post