well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Thursday night dinner

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thursday night dinner
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Sesame chicken thighs. Bone in, skin on thighs with a super crispy sesame seed coating.

On the stove top, getting ready to go into the oven for a short bake:

Leftovers are excellent cold the next day!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37872 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Looks great.
Now I am hungry at 3:30pm. humpf

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Leftovers?

HA!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
It's our anniversary! Ordering out Mediterranean - Chicken and salmon and cauliflower kababs and an apple burnt honey dessert...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Happy anniversary to mr and mrs tuner!

Wishing you many, many more....

Flower

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37872 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Happy anniversary!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I made a salad out of a cantaloupe from the CSA, and some onions and dill from the garden, with rice vinegar and avocado oil.

I had a cabbage from the CSA and a bag of ramen that one of the kids left here, so I made that Asian coleslaw with ramen noodles, sesame vinaigrette, and green onions.

Having exhausted my kitchen ambition, I cooked some frozen popcorn shrimp in the toaster oven and called it dinner.

It wasn't bad. Smiler

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Dinner was delivered by Domino's.
Planning on deliver or pickup on Thursdays for a while.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Costco roast chicken, just the dark meat, and bag o’ kale salad, also Costco.

I bought the roast chicken on Monday, and did my usual chicken pie with biscuit crust on that day. All the white meat goes into the pie.

Have now reclaimed space in fridge for something else!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9798 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Friday is Costa Rican chicken day! We've been ordering takeout arroz con pollo from our fave Costan Rican restaurant since the lock down began. It's not much, but it's Chez Nina's attempt to help keep a family run local business afloat.

It also helps that it's deeee-licious. For those of you in the SW PDX general area: Casa del Pollo website.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Fr, not Th...

Went to a small farmers market this morn...kinda disappointed in produce, but our local fisherman were there...got probably the last of the local scallops, and fish right off the boat. Happy to have one more meal of scallops (actually 2 meals)

Yippie

And got pea pods (which I never got planted while cool)

Was shocked at some prices.

Strawberries, local at $11? Nope.
4 sausages for $19 frozen? Nope.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Fr, not Th...

Went to a small farmers market this morn...kinda disappointed in produce, but our local fisherman were there...got probably the last of the local scallops, and fish right off the boat. Happy to have one more meal of scallops (actually 2 meals)

Yippie

And got pea pods (which I never got planted while cool)

Was shocked at some prices.

Strawberries, local at $11? Nope.
4 sausages for $19 frozen? Nope.

Strawberries, $11 for how many? Pint basket? More?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9798 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
We had Paneer Biryani on Thursday. Deeeelicious. From the Butter Chicken Instant Pot Lady who was mentioned here a while back. Last night we went to an actual restaurant (see birthday thread) and it was delightful.

But what I really came to saw was in response to Lily Lady’s strawberry comment. I have had strawberry shortcake made with fresh local field strawberries every year on my birthday... until yesterday. Strawberries, for the first time in my 44 years, aren’t ready yet.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post