well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Deodorant? Not for the younger generation

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deodorant? Not for the younger generation
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted
Use of deodorant is down among the young. Forty percent of 18 to 25 yo's aren't using the stuff. Bless their hearts for being so true to nature, but I'm not sure I'd want to share my office space with them all day long. A little BO goes a long way. Eeker

I've never been an antiperspirant user; I think it unwise to overrule one's bodily functions. But deodorant is basically just a mask to please the olfactory and I'm fine with that. These days I use my own homemade or some other baking soda-based product. They do a good job.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/19/...eodorant-poll-finds/

* My favorite deodorant is from L'Occitane called "Eau des Baux". OMG the scent is heavenly. Swoon. It's $$ and doesn't last long enough, but the smell is worth it.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10571 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I have been using a solid stone-like thing from the health food store, I think it was called Thai Stick (?) and it works, and lasts forever. Maybe if you had big perspiration problem, you might need something stronger.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Heh. Next thing you know they’re all going to have ring around the collar.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
50+ year old women are looking sexier and sexier.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
If you take a shower daily and don't greatly exert yourself its not really necessary. But one should be vigilant.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I think consuming raw garlic (probably other bio-active foodstuffs too with a strong genetic interaction) are at least as potent as exercise in producing human pungency.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
They do a lot of objectionable things: man buns, tongue piercings, tattoos, monstrous grizzly beards. So glad I am not of an age to date anyone that age. I'd have to become celibate.

Now get off my lawn.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21347 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
If you take a shower daily and don't greatly exert yourself its not really necessary. But one should be vigilant.

Or live in a hot climate, where "exertion" may simply be walking from your car into the next air conditioned office.

Not a fan of BO.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Well, that's exertion then, isn't it?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Point taken. Big Grin

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post