well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    CDC gives up

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CDC gives up
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
Huge spike in south and west.

CDC gives up. It says there are already too many cases of the virus to control its spread? Huh?

Dr. with Duke medical degree and three Board certifications in this area.

I've already posted some of his videos here.

https://youtu.be/Y5dhemK4R_o

Start- 9 min.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Madcap Compatriot
posted Hide Post
There isn´t much the CDC can do as they need help and compliance of the population.
If the majority (or a large minority) of people do not "believe" in the danger of Covid-19, you can not track and trace. And you need lots of manpower and time for good tracking and tracing. I can´t remember where I read it, but I think that the maximum number of daily new cases that can properly traced in Germany is in the high hundreds (!).
So on a day with 40.000 new cases all the CDC can do is ... nothing much. Ask people to stay at home or wear masks. And if people don´t do that for whatever reason - things go t*ts up.

Thanks for the video, very informative!

Stay healthy,
Martin

Posts: 202 | Location: Germany | Registered: 14 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Hi, Martin. You're welcome!

I agree the population of the US will not cooperate. The proof of the pudding is in the tasting. They're not cooperating.

I'd add the CDC is part of a corrupt administration. I can imagine (I actually recall some of this drama) the CDC was contradicted by the executive, contradicted itself, made wrong decisions, delayed necessary decisions, ignored science, had been defunded, etc.

It's really disappointing to me how the entire US federal government basically failed to form any coherent plan to address the pandemic, bungled vital decisions from the beginning, and continues to be ineffectual.

I agree with you. The CDC is just being honest at this point.

Stay healthy,
Daniel

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post