well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    One of the guys arrested was a CEO

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of the guys arrested was a CEO
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Of a tech company outside of Chicago. “Rukstales holds an MBA from the University of Michigan and is an expert in data-driven marketing strategies, according to Cogensia’s web site.”
He posted an apology:

https://twitter.com/dmihalopou.../1347373238805028865

The comments on the company’s twitter feed in response to their statement are interesting.

https://twitter.com/Cogensia/s.../1347340504934047747

(the “data driven” part made me do a double take)

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
There was also a man who was associate general counsel for an insurance company in Texas. Graduated from the Univ of Texas, which is a top law school.

Say, Quirt. Does a lawyer commit an ethics violation if he takes part in a coup? I can't seem to recall a rule on that one way or the other.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yea, the guy from Illinois lives in a suburb fifteen minutes away from me.

Lots of local coverage. Guess they finally got to talk to him yesterday:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2...esses-embarrassment/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Say, Quirt. Does a lawyer commit an ethics violation if he takes part in a coup? I can't seem to recall a rule on that one way or the other.

Big Grin

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:

Oh, there are so many high-tech/start-up people who claim to be “data-driven” that simply won’t acknowledge it when the data plainly say they have been wrong all along.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:

If he thinks his apology will substitute for further consequences I think he will soon discover otherwise.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:

Oh, there are so many high-tech/start-up people who claim to be “data-driven” that simply won’t acknowledge it when the data plainly say they have been wrong all along.

1000% agree, I see it every day.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Please. He’s “economically anxious”. We’re supposed to make allowances.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
There's a wonderful plant nursery a mile from the house where I have spent many dollars. Because of the coup, I learned that the patriarch and his wife are huge Trumpers and were at the Capitol on Wednesday. As a result of learning that, I prowled through his Facebook page and...oh my God. And also, the outpouring of people who thought (before the fact) that it was just so cool that they were there made me want to run screaming for a blue state or even a purple one.

(Quirt...how does Georgia sound? They could use our votes.)

Needless to say, I can never spend a cent there again. I'm keeping my eye on the news to see if they're arrested.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Just rechecked his FB page. It's locked down now, with no visible posts since 2012 except a statement that he's a dedicated Independent who thinks that the government doesn't believe in We The People any more.

I don't think that's gonna be enough to keep the FBI away.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Did they actually go IN the capitol? Or just part of the peaceful protest outside?

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I couldn't tell. The pictures posted were from outside, along with some fiery rhetoric, but I don't recall how specific the fiery rhetoric was. If it included something like "String 'em up," it might be enough to get them in trouble with the FBI.

They are not young. I'd guess sixties or early seventies, based on the photos and on the apparent ages of their children, who have waited on me in the store. The parents may have waited on me, but I'm not sure. If they went in the Capitol, I'm pretty sure they had no idea it was going to be as violent as it turned out to be. At their (and our) age, that would be very dangerous, as the case of the man who had a heart attack bears out.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Well, from what I saw there were a fair amount of folks at the capital who didn't appear to be in the best of health. I can only imagine how living with that level of what appears to be pretty much constant hate/anxiety would affect things like blood pressure.

As an aside, one of the funnier comments I read (written not as a joke) described the rioters as "dressed like furbys." Big Grin

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Ha! He got fired.

He's also been arrested.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post