well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Derecho coming our way
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Derecho coming our way
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Winds in IA hit 99 mph. The whole system is seeing winds between 70 and 100 mph. Isolated hail , but ping pong ball size when it occurs.

Time to batten down the smalls in the backyard.....

Did I ever tell you how much I hate wind storms?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37851 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Heading Matt's way.....wind velocities over 100 mph

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37851 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Saw it. Experienced one a few years ago.

Stay safe, and away from windows.

Posts: 12526 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yikes, stay safe!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18393 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Rolling through the downtown now. Just little hail here, heavy rains and gusty winds...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7550 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We don't often head to the basement. Based on what we were seeing on local news and the Weather Channel, we headed for the basement and are still there. But....

Looks like the very worst went to the north and to the south. I was just upstairs and things are calmish and getting lighter; just 10 minutes ago the winds were kicking up and it looked like it was night time.

Winds in the county to the south of us hit 80+ mph....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
We pulled a bunch of things off the deck (north side of building) anticipating strong west-east winds. It was gusty, but we could've left everything out there.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7550 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Derechx. Please.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Seriously though, stay safe!

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Derechx. Please.

hysteric

Over 200K households without power. By some miracle, we are not one of them.

happydance

Bazootiehead-in-training

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Mom, in a western suburb, had a whole-house generator installed years ago. With power out, it brings peace of mind!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We're heading that route, probably next year. We have a manual transfer switch and generator that we drag out and hook up, but hauling a generator that weighs a couple of hundred pounds is getting a little old.

As am I. Wink

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Derechx. Please.

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 12526 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Derechx. Please.

hysteric

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34885 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Derechx. Please.

Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20434 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post