well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Looks like every stupid game player is going to get a stupid trophy

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like every stupid game player is going to get a stupid trophy
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
They can run but they can't hide.

quote:
This investigation has the highest priority of the Department of Justice. **We have literally hundreds of prosecutors and agents working from three command centers on what is really a 24-hour a day operation. It is active, it is fluid, it is evolving,” said Principal Assistant U.S. Attorney Kenneth C. Kohl of Washington on Friday.

FBI Washington Field Office chief Steven M. D’Antuono said, “Just because you’ve left the D.C. region, you can still expect a knock on the door if we find out you were part of criminal activity in the Capitol.”

From the same piece:

quote:
Authorities looking to prosecute the mob of Trump supporters who overran the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday stand to get powerful help from cellphone records, facial recognition tools and other technologies to assist in the identification of anyone who was there that day.
> The Capitol, more than most buildings, has a vast cellular and wireless data infrastructure of its own to make communications efficient in a building made largely of stone and that extends deep underground and has pockets of shielded areas. Such infrastructure, such as individual cell towers, can turn any connected phone into its own tracking device.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...mp-mob-tech-arrests/

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
There should be lots of information out there...

https://www.technologyreview.c...-trump-maga-footage/

"As a violent mob incited by President Donald Trump stormed the US Capitol on January 6, halting the procedure in Congress to formally certify Joe Biden as president-elect, a Redditor with the username Adam Lynch began a thread on the subreddit r/DataHoarder—a forum dedicated to saving data that might be erased or deleted. “Archiving videos before potential removal from various websites …” it began. "

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome.

Also I suspect there are lots of video cameras inside covering the whole building.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
They can run but they can't hide.

quote:
This investigation has the highest priority of the Department of Justice. **We have literally hundreds of prosecutors and agents working from three command centers on what is really a 24-hour a day operation. It is active, it is fluid, it is evolving,” said Principal Assistant U.S. Attorney Kenneth C. Kohl of Washington on Friday.

FBI Washington Field Office chief Steven M. D’Antuono said, “Just because you’ve left the D.C. region, you can still expect a knock on the door if we find out you were part of criminal activity in the Capitol.”

From the same piece:

quote:
Authorities looking to prosecute the mob of Trump supporters who overran the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday stand to get powerful help from cellphone records, facial recognition tools and other technologies to assist in the identification of anyone who was there that day.
> The Capitol, more than most buildings, has a vast cellular and wireless data infrastructure of its own to make communications efficient in a building made largely of stone and that extends deep underground and has pockets of shielded areas. Such infrastructure, such as individual cell towers, can turn any connected phone into its own tracking device.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...mp-mob-tech-arrests/

I’ve bookmarked that article and read it twice. I’ve read all of the comments. It’s outstanding.

Thanks for posting it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34796 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I think we're going to find out a lot more in the coming weeks. I've read claims that people did more than just deface or grab "souvenirs," like the House Speaker lectern. People stole letters, government documents, even laptops from what I understand (though I don't know if all of this has been verified).

Breaking in and stealing government documents and laptops? That's pretty serious (and stupid).

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Chas - Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20398 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34796 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I think we're going to find out a lot more in the coming weeks. I've read claims that people did more than just deface or grab "souvenirs," like the House Speaker lectern. People stole letters, government documents, even laptops from what I understand (though I don't know if all of this has been verified).

Breaking in and stealing government documents and laptops? That's pretty serious (and stupid).
Do you suppose there were any agents of foreign governments in the mob? What an excellent way to grab a pile of U.S. Congresspersons’ laptops and documents. Just don jeans and a camo t-shirt and blend in.

Sheesh.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post