well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The people who learned that it's not a hoax

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The people who learned that it's not a hoax
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Ruben Mata, a fitness trainer in Stanton, California, who has traveled the world as a motivational speaker, was adamant in the early days of the epidemic that the coronavirus was not real. Most of what he had heard about the virus he’d gleaned from his friends at the gym he attended religiously, even as the pandemic raged across the U.S. But just a couple of weeks after the Trump administration declared a national emergency on March 13, Mata, 53, was diagnosed with COVID-19. He subsequently spent five days in a medically induced coma; at one point he was given less than a 40 percent chance of survival. Now he wants others to learn from his missteps.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...ey-fell-ill-n1236183

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Would these folks have been moved by hearing similar testimony prior to getting sick themselves? Probably not. WTG, wasn't it you (and maybe others) who mentioned how frustrating (maybe that was me) it is that people can't change their perspective until it actually happens to them?

One of those guys has a grand piano...

Oddly, I'm having a hard time concentrating today...

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
WTG, wasn't it you (and maybe others) who mentioned how frustrating (maybe that was me) it is that people can't change their perspective until it actually happens to them?

Well, I know that I've said exactly there here. I suspect others have as well.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Not covid related, but related, I have sat in more than 1 meeting with male execs who didn't start paying attention to glass ceiling issues until their daughters or granddaughters were passed over for jobs or promotions.

Kind of annoying.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post