well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I’m On Team Whitmer

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’m On Team Whitmer
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
Ok Dems. We need to nominate Gretchen Whitmer for President.

She would carry Michigan. Check.

She is the right age and looks the part. Check.

She is not a wild-eyed progressive. Check.

She is not Joe Biden. Check.

She is more polished and accomplished than Kamala Harris. Check.

She is a woman, and given the Supreme Court’s assault on reproductive freedom, it feels right to nominate a pro choice woman.

I heard her speak about reproductive freedom right after Roe fell. She is a good speaker, seems smart, doesn’t come across as an elite. I was smitten.

And yes, I think she will run.

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Good.
Kamala's charisma score is lower than Beto's.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I had the most postitive feeling about her as well. Like her better than any of the other possibilities.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21302 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
There was a very favorable story on her in the WaPost. She sounds like she’d make a strong candidate.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well, then somebody close to Joe needs to persuade him to step aside. The problem here is that everyone owes Joe. Few owe Gretchen. Her path to a contested nomination is likely much harder than his, which is why somebody close to him needs to persuade him.

And I do think he is persuadable, and not completely ego-driven like the asshat on the other side.

Posts: 12501 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Would VP Harris need persuasion too?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12681 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Persuasion to do what? People don't run for VP. Big Grin

If she wants to battle it out with Whitmer for the nomination, go for it! I don't think anyone is suggesting a coronation.

Posts: 12501 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Well, then somebody close to Joe needs to persuade him to step aside. The problem here is that everyone owes Joe. Few owe Gretchen. Her path to a contested nomination is likely much harder than his, which is why somebody close to him needs to persuade him.

And I do think he is persuadable, and not completely ego-driven like the asshat on the other side.

I think if Biden believed there was a viable candidate other than himself who could win the presidency, he would probably be relieved to step aside. I base this surmise on his history of running/not running--he only stepped up because of trumpus horribilis.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21302 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
Would VP Harris need persuasion too?

No persuasion needed. Let her run. She was a huge loser in 2020 and has done nothing to improve her chances. Quite the opposite.

She'd just be irrelevant.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13521 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
She may have some chips to call in that she didn't have in 2020, but overall I think you're correct. In an open primary her VP status would only carry her so far, and that's not very far at all.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
No way is Biden running.

Rather than endure a bruising campaign, he can go enjoy life as a successful former president. Look how much fun Barack is having?

Or he could stick around, possibly cost the Dems the election, and get blamed for everything by everyone.

Joe knows it was a miracle he won. Barack won by much smaller margins the second time he ran. Joe doesn’t have any margin to give.

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post