well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Alex Jones' Phone ...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alex Jones' Phone ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
facepalm Evil popcorn

The contents accidentally sent to Sandy Hook parents' lawyer

quote:
"You know what perjury is?" the lawyer asks.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The amount of money being gathered by those claiming "entertainment" immunity from truth is staggering...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
That man is a straight up monster.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Judge calls Jones on lying

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"accidentally"? or a disgusted paralegal or....

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I don't care if it was an inside job, an outside job, or straight up carelessness, I just want him to see the inside of a jail cell for at least twenty years.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
He’s only 48.

I do worry about how they can end this guy once and for all. If he declares bankruptcy, can the parents still collect compensatory damages? What if he moves out of the US?

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones must pay the parents of Sandy Hook victim Jesse Lewis damage awards totaling $4.1 million, an Austin jury determined Thursday — far below the $150 million requested.

The financial hit against Jones and his main company, Free Speech Systems, may not be over.

In the next phase of the trial to begin Friday morning, jurors will be asked to issue punitive damages that are intended as punishment after hearing testimony from the parents' economic expert on the net worth of Jones and his company, Free Speech Systems.

After hearing seven days of evidence and a range of witnesses, jurors began deliberating Wednesday afternoon and announced their verdict around 4:15 p.m. Thursday.

https://www.statesman.com/stor...ok-case/65391779007/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
He's lucky I wasn't on that jury.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
He’s only 48.

Wow, he looks a lot older than that. Quite honestly, I don't understand how he hasn't had a stroke or something by this point. He looks so ridiculously unhealthy.

Re: the attorney goof-up, maybe an honest mistake, maybe not. I am reminded of a time back in the 1980s when Intel and AMD were going through one of their countless copyright legal battles. At some point the AMD lawyers left all sorts of documents on the hotel "office area" FAX, which were discovered by an Intel employee. So it does happen.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think I read that the defense asked for a mistrial, saying that the family’s lawyer should have returned the texts immediately without reading them. I wonder if the “accident” was a Hail Mary by the defense because they knew they were already in deep doo-doo.

Shrug

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what the clawback rules are in that jurisdiction. But normally, an attorney can’t automatically take advantage of a mistake by opposing counsel. At a bare minimum, the attorney who wants to claw something back has to show appropriate steps were taken to avoid the goof, and they have to ask for a clawback.

It sounds like either these were materials previously requested but not produced, and I didn’t see Jones’ lawyer leaping to his feet to object. It seems too late to object now, and I am not seeing a basis for a mistrial the defendant caused.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I watched a bit of the testimony when the phone texts were revealed, and the prosecutor made a point of saying that he had told the defense attorney they had received the texts and the defense attorney didn't make any type of formal objection. There was a legal term for "formal objection," and my impression was that in the absence of such an objection it was kosher for the prosecutor to present the information during cross-examination. I remember thinking it was a truly awkward moment for the defense attorney, who sat at his desk with his head down as this was going on. Was all of that deliberate? Beats me. It seems unethical for a defense attorney to deliberately throw a case just because they're losing, but maybe it's something that does occur.

All I know is that I've rarely if ever seen it in "Law and Order." Big Grin

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post