Notify
Tools

Jexodus
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
President Donald Trump on Friday declared that the Republican Party is “waiting with open arms” to welcome Jewish voters who he said are fleeing the "total disrespect" they have been shown by Democrats, whom the GOP has accused of harboring anti-Semitic sentiments.

The president touted the so-called Jexodus movement — which purports to be a grassroots movement aimed at getting Jewish millennials to desert the Democratic Party en masse — following segments on Fox News and the right-wing outlet One America News Network featuring the nascent organization.

“The ‘Jexodus’ movement encourages Jewish people to leave the Democrat Party,” he tweeted. “Total disrespect! Republicans are waiting with open arms. Remember Jerusalem (U.S. Embassy) and the horrible Iran Nuclear Deal!”

https://www.politico.com/story...h-republican-1222890

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Umm, I think the idiot-in-chief is somehow thinking that today's Democrats are very close to the Corbyn-ite British left, which they're not. The number of American Jews who are likely to "defect" to the GOP because of a "scary" Ilhan Omar or AOC tweet might be contained on the fingers of two hands.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
+1.

Besides, leaving the Democratic Party is one thing. But joining the Republican Party is something else altogether.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
... and then there is Stephen Miller ...

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
No relation and his name is spelled differently... Cool

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34794 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Hahahahaha

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Count me out.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Seen on Twitter:

“Isn’t a Jewish exodus just ‘exodus’?”

“Could be worse, he could have said Jewxit”

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile in Poland.

Chilling. But I guess it's better that they are brazen enough to come out in the open so we understand the menace.

quote:
A news kiosk inside Poland's parliament was found to be selling a newspaper with an article instructing readers on "How to recognize a Jew", drawing accusations that lawmakers were happy to tolerate anti-Semitism.

The article in "Tylko Polska" ("Only Poland"), a low-circulation, nationally distributed right-wing weekly, describes how to recognize Jews based on their last names, personality traits and facial features.

Jewish women, it says, "lack the delicacy, modesty and sense of shame that are innate to Polish women."

It goes on: "Because the whole world belongs to them ... they are supposed to exist in every country, take power over nations and lead to the creation of one worldwide Jewish state."

Pictures of the paper on sale at a newspaper kiosk in parliament, in a country where more than 3 million of a population of 3.2 million Jews were murdered by in the Holocaust, were widely shared on social media.

https://www.usnews.com/news/wo...w-to-recognize-a-jew

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Anti-Semitism never goes away. It just goes underground for awhile, and resurfaces when the time is right. I hate to be such a Debbie Downer, but we're talking centuries of persecution and learned hatred. Heck, it's been less than 75 years since the Holocaust in Europe and people are back at it, including the obscenity of the deniers. It's the worst of our nature as human beings.

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
A couple of Senate bills and an op-ed:

Eager to Court Jews (and Fracture Democrats), Republicans Push Bills on Anti-Semitism
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...s-anti-semitism.html

Trump and Congress: Loving Israel to Death
Everyone is getting what they want, at the expense of the Jewish state.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...congress-israel.html

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12675 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
You lost me in three words. Sorry.

Posts: 24602 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Umm, I think the idiot-in-chief is somehow thinking that today's Democrats are very close to the Corbyn-ite British left, which they're not. The number of American Jews who are likely to "defect" to the GOP because of a "scary" Ilhan Omar or AOC tweet might be contained on the fingers of two hands.

We have a winner. Bing.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Anti-Semitism never goes away. It just goes underground for awhile, and resurfaces when the time is right. I hate to be such a Debbie Downer, but we're talking centuries of persecution and learned hatred. Heck, it's been less than 75 years since the Holocaust in Europe and people are back at it, including the obscenity of the deniers. It's the worst of our nature as human beings.

+1