well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Nordic Islands

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nordic Islands
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Stefan Forster has made more than 80 trips to Greenland, Iceland, Norway and the Faroe Islands, capturing some of the beauty of the Nordic landscapes.

The Swiss photographer has walked hundreds of kilometres and has seen a range of wildlife, including young polar foxes, musk ox families, sea eagles and puffins.

My favorite photo is the one of the aurora borealis, but they are all stunning.

https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-52384143

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37768 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The light in those photos is magic!

Iceland is on my bucket list.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34836 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Wonderful - but why are they out of focus?

So far my plan for the Northern Lights is either a cruise up the coast of Norway or a couple weeks in northern Finland. Probably the cruise.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13521 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
OK, they eventually focused.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13521 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
So beautiful. Someday.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9787 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We have been watching a Netflix series called the Valhalla murders. It is set in Iceland. The dialogue is in Icelandic (?) with English subtitles.

It is a good story, and the actors do a good job, but what I keep going back to his how clean and crisp the city is. It is an aesthetic I have not seen before.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34836 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I just read this as "Nerdic Islands" and thought I'd found a retirement destination for Quirt and me.

ROTFLMAO

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post