well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Kind of Hoping Biden Does NOT choose Rep. (CA) Karen Bass as Running Mate

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kind of Hoping Biden Does NOT choose Rep. (CA) Karen Bass as Running Mate
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Major news outlets just reported she's currently being vetted for the VP slot.

Know nothing about her (besides that d'uh, she's female and Black), except the title of the movie she starred in:
Namely 'Burn Motherf*cker, Burn!'

OMG the words alone would put the fear of G-d into the GOP voters and probably many undecideds, especially because of her extreme importance as President--In-Waiting.

Haven't seen it, but even so, can picture all too well Trump's campaign using excerpts from there to fan the flames of fears that would surely raise. They already have so much trouble distinguishing fact from fancy, besides being ready to believe anything he tells them.

Skeptical

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
You know, she's in Congress. She's the chair of the Congressional Black Caucus. She was Speaker of the House in California. That's some experience and gravitas.

I'm still thinking Kamala because she's already vetted.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I hope “not Kamala,” because I see no conviction, no policy chops, and too much of an opportunist in her.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I agree with you, Amanda.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
I hope “not Kamala,” because I see no conviction, no policy chops, and too much of an opportunist in her.

I agree with you too.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I was prepared to like Kamala last year but she didn’t really impress me. Never really found her voice.

But she’s an institutionalist, I think. I’d take her as veep for approximately the same reasons the progressive wing of the party wouldn’t want to.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post