well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Gillibrand is in

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gillibrand is in
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Note where she's holding her March 24 event.

Nice touch.

quote:
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand officially jumped in the 2020 presidential race on Sunday by declaring her Democratic candidacy with a campaign video titled "Brave Wins."

"Brave doesn't pit people against one another. Brave doesn't put money over lives. Brave doesn't spread hate, cloud truth, build a wall. That's what fear does," Gillibrand says over news footage, including of President Donald Trump.

Gillibrand, 52, is one of six women seeking the Democratic nomination and one of six senators running for president.

The New York Democrat launched an exploratory campaign in January, announcing it on CBS' "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert," and has spent the past two months traveling to key states.

Toward the end of the more than two-minute long video released on Sunday, Gillibrand, speaking directly to the camera, announces she's running for president.

The video ends with an invitation to join Gillibrand at the Trump International Hotel on March 24, where she plans to deliver "her positive, brave vision of restoring America's moral integrity straight to President Trump's doorstep," her campaign said in an announcement accompanying the video.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/17...aign-2020/index.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
DOA, I think.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10563 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Not a huge fan either. I expect politicians to be opportunistic but she has taken it a bit too far.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Brave doesn't do this; it doesn't do that. But, apparently it lies every time its mouth is moving.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
Note where she's holding her March 24 event.

Nice touch.

quote:
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand officially jumped in the 2020 presidential race on Sunday by declaring her Democratic candidacy with a campaign video titled "Brave Wins."

"Brave doesn't pit people against one another. Brave doesn't put money over lives. Brave doesn't spread hate, cloud truth, build a wall. That's what fear does," Gillibrand says over news footage, including of President Donald Trump.

Gillibrand, 52, is one of six women seeking the Democratic nomination and one of six senators running for president.

The New York Democrat launched an exploratory campaign in January, announcing it on CBS' "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert," and has spent the past two months traveling to key states.

Toward the end of the more than two-minute long video released on Sunday, Gillibrand, speaking directly to the camera, announces she's running for president.

The video ends with an invitation to join Gillibrand at the Trump International Hotel on March 24, where she plans to deliver "her positive, brave vision of restoring America's moral integrity straight to President Trump's doorstep," her campaign said in an announcement accompanying the video.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/17...aign-2020/index.html

I think she should pull her stunt at Trump Tower. Then, at least she might get arrested and we could be spared her "campaign" for a day or two.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Btw, her seat needs to stay blue, but this is the kind of fiasco New Yorkers have come to know all to well. I've changed my mind. I still want her to end her "campaign" but I also want her to resign.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Snooze. We need an early entrant debate to start to weed some of these people out.

Won't happen, I know. But it should.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I expect politicians to be opportunistic but she has taken it a bit too far.
Too far in what sense?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Shifts her positions with the wind (remember when she had an A rating with the NRA?), fundraises on the back of every tragedy or even Trump tweet.

I’ve probably been exposed to more of it since she’s one of our Senators.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Ah, ok, thanks for explaining. I haven’t pay much attention to Sen. Gillibrand.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
It would have been better if "Brave" didn't carry with it an association to Native Americans considering you-know-who.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
It would have been better if "Brave" didn't carry with it an association to Native Americans considering you-know-who.

It's a rip off of Rose McGowen's "Brave" and the metoo movement. And never forget she ran Al Frankin out of the Senate. No matter. After her stunt at the USPS/ Trump hotel, she will be a national joke.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
This is her ad now, befouling my facebook feed.

quote:
I knew I was taking a risk when I called on Al Franken to resign. But silence was not an option. Now I’m running for president to stand up for women, and I’m ready to share this vision on the debate stage.

But the first public FEC filing is just days away, and Democratic megadonors are blacklisting me because I refused to stay silent. I’m relying on you to get me to the debates, show that the grass roots are stronger than corporate greed, and help us reach 250 more donors before midnight. Will you donate $1 to help me bring our people-first vision to the debate stage?

She wants us to believe that 'Democratic megadonors' are blacklisting her because she refused to stay silent on Al Franken.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
DOA, I think.

Yep.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I should have said, "kind of a rip off..."

My error.