well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Bari Weiss resigns from the Times

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/7513946497

14 July 2020, 12:54 PM
jon-nyc
Bari Weiss resigns from the Times
I saw this coming after they got rid of Bennett. I imagine Stephens is next.

Scathing resignation letter here.

https://www.bariweiss.com/resignation-letter

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

14 July 2020, 01:03 PM
Horace
It appears that Ms Weiss has observed a culture wherein vindictive self righteousness against right-leaning thought is normal.
14 July 2020, 01:10 PM
jon-nyc
I wouldn’t particularly call her right wing.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

14 July 2020, 01:13 PM
Horace
Yes, my bad. I should say she sniffs of an independent thinker that might someday generate a thought not considered woke enough. Needless to say the same would go for right-leaning thought, it's just that right-leaning thought isn't even in their Overton window anymore.
14 July 2020, 01:30 PM
Piano*Dad
quote:
There are terms for all of this: unlawful discrimination, hostile work environment, and constructive discharge. I’m no legal expert. But I know that this is wrong.

I do not understand how you have allowed this kind of behavior to go on inside your company in full view of the paper’s entire staff and the public. ...

Lawsuit coming?
14 July 2020, 01:36 PM
Piano*Dad
quote:
Too wise to post on Slack, they write to me privately about the “new McCarthyism” that has taken root at the paper of record.

I'm thinking she's not going to be sending Hanukkah cards to this group of "friends" whose support is always expressed privately.
14 July 2020, 02:42 PM
Steve Miller
Quite the rant.

I wonder what she expects to gain by publishing it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.