well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A modest proposal: how to increase #'s getting vaccinated
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A modest proposal: how to increase #'s getting vaccinated
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I think Steve Miller will have to change his last name to Mugnaio when he moves there. Ole

I grew up in a suburb of Chicago that was predominantly Italian. Seriously Mafia Italian. My neighbor's daughter married into the Aiuppa family in the late 60s...the wedding was something out of The Godfather, except it was pre-the-movie...

Steve, repeat after me...."Eh, goombah".....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I think Steve Miller will have to change his last name to Mugnaio when he moves there. Ole

Learned a new word! Thanx.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I live in Staten Island. I know that movie.

I have to relate a funny story. Some years ago I was out for a weekend bike ride with the local club. Since I was a slower rider, I got left behind, riding alone.

After a while. I noticed this slow-moving black sedan following me at my pace. I pulled to the curb, and so did the car.

The passenger window rolled down, and inside there were these two heavy-set guys in dark suits. I began to get worried. This was starting to look like a bad movie.

The guy in the passenger seat said, “What kind of bike is that?”

I gingerly replied, “It’s a Rivendell.”

The guy replied, “Yeah. I like what they do with the top tube.” And they slowly rolled away.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
I live in Staten Island. I know that movie.

I have to relate a funny story. Some years ago I was out for a weekend bike ride with the local club. Since I was a slower rider, I got left behind, riding alone.

After a while. I noticed this slow-moving black sedan following me at my pace. I pulled to the curb, and so did the car.

The passenger window rolled down, and inside there were these two heavy-set guys in dark suits. I began to get worried. This was starting to look like a bad movie.

The guy in the passenger seat said, “What kind of bike is that?”

I gingerly replied, “It’s a Rivendell.”

The guy replied, “Yeah. I like what they do with the top tube.” And they slowly rolled away.

Eeker

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post