well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A modest proposal: how to increase #'s getting vaccinated
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A modest proposal: how to increase #'s getting vaccinated
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted
As a country, we all went a little apesh*t last summer and bought out the country's supply of toilet paper and Clorox wipes in a matter of days. The reason? Scarcity!

What we're hearing now is that we are awash in vaccines, which is prompting people to think, "yeah, I'll get around to it, it's no big deal."

I think we need to change the narrative: vaccines are really, *really* hard to get. There's a chance we'll run out. You need to get yours now, before it's too late.(optional narrative): Sleepy Joe is sending everything to (fill in the blank country), because he isn't putting Americans first like Trump did.

I think it could work.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Tell 'em some ransomware hackers just shut down the "pipeline" of vaccines ...

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Tell everyone along that pipeline they can get gas only if they have already been or get vaccinated??

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I just saw that and was going to post it.

I think Governor Mike wins the award for best incentive.....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
You know, at the beginning of the vaccination roll-out, I was wondering if people were all the more anxious to get it because they *couldn’t* get it yet. So we all were scrambling to find our window of eligibility. And we got it.

Scarcity definitely made it attractive.

So let’s start sending our excess vaccines to India! Snooze, you lose, USA!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
You know, at the beginning of the vaccination roll-out, I was wondering if people were all the more anxious to get it because they *couldn’t* get it yet. So we all were scrambling to find our window of eligibility. And we got it.

Scarcity definitely made it attractive.

So let’s start sending our excess vaccines to India! Snooze, you lose, USA!

Maybe I’m just lucky, but I’ve known several anti-vaxers who have died from Covid, and a couple of “it’s a hoaxers” who were similarly afflicted.

I’m not feeling real charitable.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
If I were vaccinated in Ohio, I'd definitely go for the Lottery.

Since only the vaccinated are eligible, your odds of winning are far better than in a traditional lottery...I think...unless I'm missing something.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Our astute and hardworking governor also announced today that Ohio will quit participating in the federal unemployment subsidy on June 26.

He's a great guy. Very impressive.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think he's done a great job.

But the posse is after him.

How vulnerable do you think he is?

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I don't know that DeWine will run again. After all the freaking abuse for a job magnificently done I wouldn't. He was rich before he ever went into politics. Knew his family, but have never met him in person.

I suspect the guy is tired. He's entitled.

Also I don't trust Renacci. Too much Northeast Ohio which means connections with the DeBartolo family. Nice state you got there. Shame if something should happen to it.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I think Steve Miller will have to change his last name to Mugnaio when he moves there. Ole