well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    CEOs asked to remove masks

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CEOs asked to remove masks
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
MIKE PENCE WAS unmasked in Iowa on Friday, attending two events without covering his face, even though public health officials say masks slow the spread of the deadly coronavirus and one of the vice president’s aides tested positive for Covid-19 just before he departed Washington.

Two days later, the recklessness of that behavior came into sharper focus as Bloomberg News reported that Pence had decided to self-isolate at his home in Washington over the weekend — skipping a White House meeting with military leaders on Saturday — because his press secretary, Katie Miller, had tested positive for the virus on Friday. Miller did not accompany Pence to Iowa, but if his exposure to her before the trip made his self-isolation necessary the next day, that made his decision to spend Friday meeting at least 19 officials, food industry executives and religious leaders in Iowa, unmasked, all the more questionable.

What’s more, a live video stream of the second event Pence attended on Friday, a roundtable discussion with food industry leaders in Des Moines, showed that all five of the invited guests arrived wearing masks but were asked to remove them shortly before the vice president joined them on stage.

https://theintercept.com/2020/...ouse-aversion-masks/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Bang Head

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Bang Head

Or, you know, let Pence and Trump....

You didn't hear me say that...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
This is the man who is offended at peoples' criticism of his "performance" at the Mayo Clinic. You see, he was never TOLD about the mask rule .... right. Now it's his side that insists others remove masks so he doesn't stand out.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or, you know, let Pence and Trump....

If it happens, a lot of people will be feeling hathos-laden shadenfreude!

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it happens, a lot of people will be feeling hathos-laden shadenfreude!

I wouldn't know anything about that...
Leaving

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post