well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Covid and me

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Covid and me
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
I was cold in a 71F room. Of course I knew it
was the heater. Spent a ton on it last year,
Got on the rowing machine in the garage. It seemed to be
freeing in there, but the moving made it tolerable.
It was bit long before was I wearing long pants, a Tshirt, a heavy Tshirt and a long sleeved waffle weave insulation shirt.
I also had a blanket
up to my waist. Don appeared behind me in a Tshirt.
It was rather thick of me. It took a while to realize that maybe I was sick.
Got a positive result with a home test Sunday.
Today was better. No chills. Very tired. Hopefully I am recovering.
I got all the shots and boosters available. Have no doubts that is why it has not been horrible.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yuck. Sharon has gotten it twice now. I’ve had it once. Like a cold, Sharon coughed for two weeks. We credit being up to date on vaxxes to keeping us out of the hospitals.

I’m just done with it, and texts from dear friends who are militant anti vaxers are becoming increasingly annoying. I just got a link to a heart breaking story about a guy who died of Covid while begging for horse dewormer.

What am I supposed to do with this?

Get well soon, Chas. Glad you’re up to date on vaccinations.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
As we've all seen and read, this virus affects people in very different ways. A good friend, completely up to date with vaccinations, was up and down for almost three weeks. Fever, fatigue, and inappetence. Nothing catastrophic, just persistent. Her husband got it a few days later and he barely missed a beat.

Sorry it caught up with you, and hopefully your recovery is rapid. But take as much time as you need.

Comfort

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Sorry you've joined the Covid deflowered as a friend calls them.

CHAS and Steve (re Sharon) none of you took Paxlovid to make the illness more tolerable?

I was only really sick for a single day thanks to it. (After that, it was all sneezing, coughing, and runny nose and much of that may have been seasonal allergies.)

Highly recommend!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
Sorry you've joined the Covid deflowered as a friend calls them.

CHAS and Steve (re Sharon) none of you took Paxlovid to make the illness more tolerable?

I was only really sick for a single day thanks to it. (After that, it was all sneezing, coughing, and runny nose and much of that may have been seasonal allergies.)

Highly recommend!

In our case there was no need for Paxlovid, or even a trip to the doctor. Sharon felt crummy but kept working, I felt really tired and slept for a day, which is also how I’ve always dealt with the flu.

We were lucky for sure.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Sorry you got it, CHAS. It is definitely still out there. In my Facebook feed, there were stories of I think four friends who came down with it in the last week.

I went to a concert tonight in a small venue in Brooklyn. Most everyone was masked. Me too. I bet other Americans think New Yorkers are Covid-crazy with all the masking.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13780 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Oh no! Chas, feel better soon!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you to each of you.

Had two days down and miserable. Went for a short walk yesterday after a rough morning.
Expect to do more today.
Feel as though I took a beating. Recovery will take much longer than the chills, etc. lasted.
Trying to avoid passing this to Don. Will try another home antigen test later. I suppose that will tell me whether I can still spread the virus. ??

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
you will most likely have a positive result long past the contagious period. the rule of thumb when I was contact tracing is maintain isolation for ten days after the onset of symptoms--when you first started feeling "off". Later they changed the guideline to five days. But since Don is especially vulnerable, if it were me, I would go with the ten days isolated, then another five days masked.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post