well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Return to masks and glasses

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Return to masks and glasses
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
After experimenting with many different combinations, I've found that a layer of Nexcare waterproof tape on the top inside of a mask really helps. This tape is slighty "foamy" and smooth towards the skin and seems to make a good seal to my face...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ron, so you put the tape side on the mask? What kind of mask are you using?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
For getting my hair cut and coloured I made disposable masks that use “fashion tape” to stick on. Definitely the best option as far as glasses fogging up goes. Unfortunately, my skin doesn’t love any adhesive so it’s only a once in a while solution for me.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Yes. Tape side to mask. I've tried trimming to 1/2 width, but most of the time just use the full width to make it easier.

I use surgical-type or the ones that look like N95 - but aren't... They seal a bit better around my face,(around the back of the head elastic) but the surgical-type are a bit more comfortable.(ear loop) They come in 3 grades, with the level 3 the closest to N95 for personal protection

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Oh wait! So the sticky part isn’t on your face? I’m going to have to check that out! Thanks for the tip!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I was noticing yesterday that the surgical masks I used have biggish gaps on the side... I saw a video about what to do about that, but now I can't remember.... suave

Anyway, since we'll be in masks for the foreseeable future, I hope to make it as comfortable as possible...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Don’t put a half-twist in the ear loops. It shortens the loops, but makes a big gap at the sides.

Maybe put another half-inch pleat on each side with staples to hold them in place.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Using staples to secure your mask to your face is not hygienic.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Using staples to secure your mask to your face is not hygienic.

Use an alcohol swab on your face and the staples first.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post