well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Just peachy

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just peachy
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted
I'm fretting over the safety of the people of Tulsa this weekend. I had been happy to see that the mayor had instituted a curfew.

Now, I see that he has lifted it. He told Trump this during a personal phone call, after which our childish president crowed over the fact that his followers would be free to roam the streets and spew venom and COVID all over the locals.

In other news, Trump has mobilized 200 National Guard members. Wouldn't it have been safer and cheaper to have a curfew? If the situation is dangerous enough to call out the military, perhaps the wise thing to do is to tell people to stay home, don't you think? Or, better yet, he could stay in Washington.

Quirt and I were already on strict lockdown, but now we're on double-extra-super-duper lockdown for the rest of the summer while the pandemic stirred up by this idiocy rages.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Apparently he's also threatened protesters, saying that they wouldn't be treated as "nicely" as they'd been treated before, in places like Seattle, New York or Minneapolis. Basically, he's given a green light to any wanna be vigilante to come out and beat people up.

Yeah, stay on lockdown, for sure. Good thing you're a bit of a distance from Tulsa.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
A friend is counsel for the company that leases the building where the rally will be held.

Joe Farris in the Washington Post

Joe and I have been friends since third grade.
We correspond with jokes three or four times a week.
He is no fan of Trump. He is in an awkward situation.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Apparently he's also threatened protesters, saying that they wouldn't be treated as "nicely" as they'd been treated before, in places like Seattle, New York or Minneapolis. Basically, he's given a green light to any wanna be vigilante to come out and beat people up.

Yeah, stay on lockdown, for sure. Good thing you're a bit of a distance from Tulsa.

Yes, like Minneapolis, where the police will kneel on your neck and kill you.

Or New York, where they funnel protestors together and then beat them with batons.

I'm glad to hear they won't be treated as nicely in Oklahoma.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post