well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The generals

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The generals
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Inside the War Between Trump and His Generals

How Mark Milley and others in the Pentagon handled the national-security threat posed by their own Commander-in-Chief.

https://www.newyorker.com/maga...ump-and-his-generals

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Read that earlier. Truly scary how little Trump actually knew about WWII. Even scarier how close we came to catastrophe.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Good to know that the generals took seriously the oath they swore when they were commissioned.

quote:
"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

The alternatives truly ranged from dangerous to catastrophic.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
“GOP still unsure if guy who likens himself to Hitler should be leader”

https://www.washingtonpost.com...r-comparison-satire/

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post