well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bannon found guilty

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bannon found guilty
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Steve Bannon, a key associate of former President Donald Trump and an influential figure on the American right, was convicted on Friday of contempt of Congress for defying a subpoena from the committee investigating last year's attack on the U.S. Capitol, a major victory for the Democratic-led panel.

quote:
The verdict by the jury of eight men and four women, after less than three hours of deliberations, marked the first successful prosecution for contempt of Congress since 1974, when a judge found G. Gordon Liddy, a conspirator in the Watergate scandal that prompted President Richard Nixon's resignation, guilty.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/...r-bannon-2022-07-22/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Is that normal to delay the sentencing hearing for 3 months??

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
That gives Trump a chance to pardon... oh wait... heh heh heh

Was I the only one that thought this was a freaking clown show waste of time? I mean, was there ever any doubt that he was guilty? They subpoenaed him, he didn't show up. Not a lot of nuance there.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
That gives Trump a chance to pardon... oh wait... heh heh heh

Was I the only one that thought this was a freaking clown show waste of time? I mean, was there ever any doubt that he was guilty? They subpoenaed him, he didn't show up. Not a lot of nuance there.

No doubt Bannon's attorneys got plenty of $$$$ from his disciples and had to put on some sort of show.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Lock him up!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post