well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Medicare research
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medicare research
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
So Plan F is no more?

My sports doc recently warned me to stay off medicare as long as possible because it is hard to find docs in our area who take it (he does). I have the option of staying on my husband's health plan until he retires. I qualify for Medicare this coming Feb.

You can end up with a higher Medicare premium if you don’t start at 65. Make sure you qualify for on-ramp of the exceptions..

Jf

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17670 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
So Plan F is no more?

My sports doc recently warned me to stay off medicare as long as possible because it is hard to find docs in our area who take it (he does). I have the option of staying on my husband's health plan until he retires. I qualify for Medicare this coming Feb.

You can end up with a higher Medicare premium if you don’t start at 65. Make sure you qualify for on-ramp of the exceptions..

Jf

I have not looked into this closely yet, but I have read that if you qualify for an employee plan there is no penalty for waiting. Is that not correct?

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21302 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post