well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Woodward's book
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodward's book
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Good grief. And this is the guy who thinks he's on a par with Putin....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ng-Bob-Woodward.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37913 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Regarding foreign policy, NBC played a hitherto unheard tape of Trump discussing his relationships with autocratic and repressive world leaders.

“I get on very well with Erdoğan,” Trump said, referring to the president of Turkey. “Everyone says ‘what a horrible guy’ but for me it works out. It’s funny, the relationships I have, the tougher and meaner they are, the better I get along with them. Explain that to me someday, OK, but maybe it’s not a bad thing.

“The easy ones are maybe the ones I don’t like as much or don’t get along with as much.”

Woodward said “the president just controls foreign relations unilaterally. And he has decided, ‘Oh, I’m gonna get along with Putin, I’m gonna get along with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, MBS. I’m gonna try to get along with Kim Jong-un, the leader of North Korea, but not South Korea and he just smears South Korea, time and time again in my interviews.”

Mohammad bin Salman, the Saudi crown prince, is believed to have ordered the killing and dismemberment of Jamal Khashoggi, a contributor to Woodward’s paper, the Washington Post.

In Rage, Woodward reports that Trump said he was “happy” that MBS has denied complicity in the murder and also said of the prince: “I saved his ass.”

“He is the face of the United States to the world,” Woodward told NBC. “And he has said, ‘Hey look, I get along with these bad guys, but not the good guys.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us...book-israel-uae-deal

edit: The interview with NBC:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...-have-saved-n1240006

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37913 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Anderson Cooper talked to Bob Woodward tonight on CNN.

If you have a chance to watch the show, do it.

Bazootiehead-in-training