well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    You know you’re a geezer when….
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You know you’re a geezer when….
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
You develop a taste for canned stewed tomatoes.

Hi

I have no idea why.

OK fellow boomers/geezers…confess! (Doesn’t have to be food. Maybe music? Social activities?)

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about stewed tomatoes but canned Italian tomatoes (a good brand) are a staple. They go in pasta sauces and are just fine in chili or bean dishes.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Speaking of geezers, have you seen this one?

You don’t become cooler with age but you do care progressively less about being cool, which is the only true way to actually be cool. This is known as the geezer’s paradox.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
It’s been a little over 60 years since the Beatles first record.

So that means, a college kid listening to the Beatles today is equivalent to me listening to Al Jolson when I was in college.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
You know you're a geezer when you have to get up slowly first thing in the morning because, your back.

You know you're a geezer when you have to remind yourself not to eat too much for dinner or you won't be able to sleep.

You know you're a geezer when a straight six hours of sleep seems like a good night's sleep.

You know you're a geezer when you don't want to drive a sports car any more because getting into and out of something that low to the ground is too much trouble.

You know you're a geezer when you plan your trips to avoid the traffic.

You know you're a geezer when it's way too easy to come up with examples of how you know when you're a geezer.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Speaking of geezers, have you seen this one?

You don’t become cooler with age but you do care progressively less about being cool, which is the only true way to actually be cool. This is known as the geezer’s paradox.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34849 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I looked at a can of stewed tomatoes on the shelf just yesterday and thought “Don’t those look good!” Smiler

My Mom used to serve them as a side dish. I wonder is they still leave a metallic aftertaste.

Posts: 34849 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
When you never get down on the floor without a plan to get back up.

Yeah, and that sports car thing. I'm old enough to afford a Mercedes convertible but not limber enough to use it. Grrr.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
When you never get down on the floor without a plan to get back up.

I feel your pain…

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I bought Red Gold and the inside of the can has some kind of non-BPA liner. They also put some basil or something in, so they're a little more interesting than my mother's canned stewed tomatoes....

I love the geezer's paradox...

You guys are all cracking me up! ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I used canned tomatoes all the time. Never occurred to me anyone would eat them plain.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
They have to be canned *stewed* tomatoes....there's actually a difference in flavor, probably because of the extra ingredients. Plus the way they are sliced (not diced, not crushed, not whole).

https://www.redgoldtomatoes.co...wed-tomatoes-14.5-oz

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I’m strongly considering buying one of these.