well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My new phone...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new phone...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
If and when it gets delivered.

I have Spectrum. I pay $14.

They would not let me buy and use any Samsung phone unless it was an S series, a flip, or a fold.

They would let me use this one if I bought it from them and paid $449.

I bought it from Tracpone for $279 and my service will be $15.

https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-a53-5g/

I've wanted it for some time because of the large screen and AMOLED display.

I didn't like Spectrum's price and Tracpone's (now owned by Verizon) was too hard to resist.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I've been pretty happy with Tracfone. Their customer service people are very helpful. I needed to activate WiFi Calling on my phone and the reps got things set up. We did lose a phone connection during my initial call, but the rep immediately called me back, which amazed me; I figured I'd have to call back myself and start over.

And after she had addressed the issue, offered a callback at a time I specified to double check that everything was OK.

Enjoy your new phone!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks, wtg.

I went outside after I posted this and my phone was sitting on the front step.

They said they'd send me a UPS tracking number when it shipped. They didn't. I'm glad nobody walked off with it.

The phone is large at 6.5". I used to buy 7" tablets. The screen is in a different league from my Pixel 3a.

I've decided I'm going to keep Spectrum and my Pixel as my phone for now and use my Samsung as a tablet.

The Samsung is locked so if anything happens to the Pixel I'll change over then.

I'm taking the path of least resistance. Razzer

Besides I like the Pixel. It's minimalist and it's already large enough for a phone.

I'm glad you're happy with your phone service! Having a mobile phone has become a real necessity.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post