well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    CAPITAL in the 21st Century

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CAPITAL in the 21st Century
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
Just finished reading Thomas Piketty's "Capital in the Twenty First Century" (the English translation by Arthur Goldhammer).

Chances are some of you have read this book too, so I would like to ask this group for recommendations:

• Please suggest follow-up reading for this book.

Piketty published it in 2013, he also made publicly available the data he used to back up his claims, arguments, and conclusions in that book. In the seven years since the book's publication and the data's availability, it seems quite likely there are, by now, material rebuttals, revision or refinements of arguments due to more/better data coming to light, different claims/interpretation of the same data, different arguments/conclusions (may even based on the same data) to Piketty's. If you are aware of such works that you seem significant (or even just academically interesting), I would appreciate pointers or reference to them. Thank you in advance.

--------------------------------
    www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

•  
    Posts: 12691 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post