well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Not a good weather weekend
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not a good weather weekend
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The Palmer House is great and it has different personalities. The picture Steve posted is of the elegant personality

When I was working downtown, my lunch buddies and I used to go Trader Vic's down in the lower level. Totally tacky (or is that tiki?) in many regards, but also so much fun.

Here's a pic of the lobby at the Chicago Athletic Assoc:

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37778 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Here's a pic of the lobby at the Chicago Athletic Assoc:

Nice! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34839 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
We stayed at the Chicago Athletic Association. It was a nice hotel and had a great gym (which matters to me).

I absolutely loved the lobby area. As MA said, it makes one feel like a robber baron.

I was trying to find pics of when we stopped in there to get out of the cold when you guys were here earlier this year, but I guess I didn't take any. Maybe MA did?

Remember that waitperson who kept stopping to ask us if we wanted a drink? Big Grin

I’ll ask. I have Chagall photos but nothing from the hotel.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
These guys perked up after a watering today:

When the flowers go to seed, the goldfinches show up and perch on the tops of the stalks. And I've seen a mouse scurry up the stalk to chow on seeds. They're heavy enough that they make the stalk bend over and touch the ground.

What can I tell you? I'm easily amused....

The beans and cukes went in quite late this year, but I think they'll catch up. Tomatoes doing well, lots of jalapenos and shishito peppers.

Not looking forward to the end of the week...temps near 100...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37778 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Buggy in Maine. Otherwise gre at.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17670 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post