well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Are the Piano World forums down??

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are the Piano World forums down??
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
Since yesterday, I have been unable to get any of the PianoWorld forums to open. And, as it happens, there's someone I really want to get in touch with there. I get those notifications for threads I'm watching, and someone responded to a question I posted, so I want to get back to them.

Anyway, I've tried on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. I can get the main pianoworld.com homepage to open, but then, whether I try from that page or from a generic google search, I can't get any of the forums to open, or the main forum page.

Can anyone else access the PW forums?

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I got the forums to load.... After I emailed the PW webmaster of course...
Leaving

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
In other (piano) news, I've decided to try to add some jazz (jazz-esque?) to my practice routine. (That's why I was keen to get in touch with another PW member, they offered to share some out-of-print learning materials with me)

My new grand sounds so good, and the pieces in my repertoire that have interesting chords and voicings sound so good, that I really want to be able to "noodle around" on the keyboard and improvise with interesting chord progressions.

Keyboard Jam

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I wasn't able to get them to load either. Thanks for getting it fixed!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Had no problems this morning.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
In other (piano) news, I've decided to try to add some jazz (jazz-esque?) to my practice routine. (That's why I was keen to get in touch with another PW member, they offered to share some out-of-print learning materials with me)

My new grand sounds so good, and the pieces in my repertoire that have interesting chords and voicings sound so good, that I really want to be able to "noodle around" on the keyboard and improvise with interesting chord progressions.

Keyboard Jam

I'm so glad you're enjoying your new piano!

I haven't been over to PW in eons. What am I missing? My interest flagged after I finished my own shopping adventure.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
What am I missing?

Probably not that much, all in all, unless you want to read about the distinctions b/w different brands of pianos, questions about how to arrange a piano room, how to voice a room.... What pieces people are playing, interesting videos of interesting pianos...

In other words, the same old same old, but if you want to talk pianos, it's great! Smiler

I found an out-of-print jazz method book that looks like it will work well for my learning style, and there's a CD to accompany the book, but I couldn't find the book online anywhere for less than $150 (including Amazon, eBay, B&N etc.)

So I posted a request in the ABF and also the non-classical piano forum at PW. Turns out, someone has the audio and will share it with me!

So, yeah, if you want piano-related info, PW is still pretty much the best place around. Yes

Other than that, you can get all your online requests for advice about obscure and random stuff needs met here! WhoMe