well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    January DOTM Contest
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January DOTM Contest
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
BeeLady in 3, 2, 1...

Posts: 24642 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of piqaboo
posted Hide Post
Even tho its too late, 2018 deserves this.
It was an amazing year. So many happy firsts, I am hard pressed to pick just one day. The Altoid went to China on a 10-day trip - 8 kids to a chaperone, no parents allowed. OT & I played maniacally the whole time she was away - from bus departure to pickup. Finished middle school w honors, over-weekended at camp, jumped off the HIGH end of the pier, started high school, swapped piano teachers, .... I think OT & I did cool stuff too, but it pales. Big Grin

but 1 day. there are two, but here we go
Altoid and I went to Oahu together in August. It was our first AirBnB experience, to a place she's wanted to go forever. On 'the' day. I was up early w food poisoning - sad because our plans were ruined. When Altoid woke up, she climbed into the bed w me, and we started watching Dr Who. He's a great Dr, that one - after 90 min, I felt the illness leave -the wobbles and shaky feeling just lifted. We grabbed opportunity, got the bus, got to a rental car, and started our planned drive to the north shore. On the bus ride, I met a 90 yr old man w 56 great grand kids. After scoring a Dole whip at the plantation, we hit Waiamea Bay, and the Altoid had her first ever tropical snorkeling experience. It was magical and she was magical. She saw the exciting like a swimming turtle, she saw the invisible octopus hiding in his hole, and she saw the beauty in schools of dark grey fish. She is so competent in the water, it 'joys' me. I was so happy she enjoys this thing I love. We stayed in til I was shivering, then she stayed longer. And jumped. When the lifeguards started packing up, so did we. She noticed I needed food, and then we shopped every foot of a local grocery, enjoying seeing and choosing things we don't see in our stores at home. We drove back eating poke and chips, and swilling POG.

--------------------------------
OT's ball 'n chain

Posts: 2691 | Registered: 07 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
piqaboo, you really made the most of that day! The joy of spending time with your child doing things you both love is a heart-expanding experience. And Altoid is growing up into a lovely young lady with empathy for Mom.

I love Hawaii. I wish I were a competent swimmer. But my best day in 2017 was New Year’s eve, swimming with the mantas at night in Keauhou Bay on the Big Island. With the whole family. It was a gift from our kids!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9786 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you and your daughter enjoyed your trip to Hawaii!

Posts: 24642 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Sorry, just seeing this now!

Thanks!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Can someone PM me Matt's email? I seem to have misplaced it.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Can someone PM me Matt's email? I seem to have misplaced it.

I don’t have his email addy, but you might try messaging him through FB?

Posts: 9786 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of piqaboo
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Daniel.

quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

I love Hawaii. I wish I were a competent swimmer. But my best day in 2017 was New Year’s eve, swimming with the mantas at night in Keauhou Bay on the Big Island. With the whole family. It was a gift from our kids!

Nice kids! We did that in November, and that was OT's first ever snorkel. Followed by the dolphins in the am. Like daughter like father, they go big!

OT's ball 'n chain

Posts: 2691 | Registered: 07 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqaboo:
Thank you, Daniel.

quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

Nice kids! We did that in November, and that was OT's first ever snorkel. Followed by the dolphins in the am. Like daughter like father, they go big!

It was good that I didn’t really have to know how to swim for that one! But the majesty of those creatures...