well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Impeachment

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Impeachment
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
So, Trump was impeached.

I know this is hardly "news" at this point, but what do you think?

I'm just curious.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I can’t watch.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I don't watch it myself.

I think it's remarkable because impeachment of a president is rare. I think it's a loosing political situation for Democrats. But that's about it.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Oddly for me, I haven’t paid too much attention. It just has always seemed like the screenplay was written long ago and everyone knew their lines and it just had to play out.

I appreciate the argument that this level of abuse of power had to be checked in the only venue that could check it (most convincingly articulated by David French, I think). I also appreciate the argument that an investigation and putting the facts in front of the electorate would be appropriate given we’re only 9 months and change away from an election.

Politically I think the latter approach would have been more wise.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
To me, the fact that the Repugnantcans openly defy the law and promise to touch third rail policies, defying the wishes of the public *ahead of a major election*, is all the proof we need that our elections are tampered with and can not save us.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post