well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Spring projects

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring projects
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Lots of things to do in the yard this year. I've been out for several weeks off and on doing clean-up and starting to tackle deferred landscaping mainteance. Pruning some arborvitaes, digging up and dividing hostas, and re-doing some beds that need sprucing up.

Also picked up this arbor at Costco:

https://www.yardistrystructure...kyard-arbor-regular/

I have a metal arbor that has a sweet autumn clematis growing on it. I'm going to replace it with the new one and move the metal one to my veggie garden. Because of my restricted space for growing vegetables, I tend to do a lot of vertical gardening. I think the metal one will make a dandy place to grow cukes, tomatoes, or green beans....

Got any plans for your yard this year?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37757 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Kill the moles.

Patch the bare spots from our water line being dug up and from removing a tree and stump.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13520 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
fire-proof our property and improve our defensible space.

New barn roof and house roof repaired from this past winters horrific winds.

Replace all the rotting and falling down fencing.

Add onto the horse track so they can travel through the woods.

Rebuild the small riding arena into a big riding arena with nice footing.

Build raised garden beds for the veggies

Build a raspberry bed and strawberry bed.

spread composted manure on the lawn to get it healthier

get some nolo bait to kill the grasshoppers!

New truck and trailer so we can haul all three horses (mr. pique is getting his own riding horse).

prune and feed all the shrubs.

i could go on and on. there is a heckuva lot to do at sun hill farm!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21302 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
New truck and trailer so we can haul all three horses (mr. pique is getting his own riding horse).

Have fun finding a truck. I've been looking and here's precious little inventory right now.

Don't even ask about prices. HairRaising

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34834 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
My house reno was supposed to be done by the end of August...of 2020...I might still make August. Roll Eyes

Railings left to build (supposedly this week) and a punch list of small stuff. A blessing really...has given me time to save up a bit more money to splurge on railing lumber and maybe a short copper gutter over the stairway? We shall see..

In the mean time I am taking advantage of the good weather to paint what is done and that I can reach. A pro will have to do the eaves but I have done the steps, stained the porch floor and the porch skirt so that at least to a passerby it looks 'done'.

Still lots to do. Yes

I am just happy the porta potty is out of the driveway!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post