well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The #1 rated restaurant in the country

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The #1 rated restaurant in the country
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
According to Yelp, the 2018 #1 rated restaurant in the country is a bakery/sandwich shop in Indio. Indio?

Indio isn't the backwater town it used to be; nowadays its more of a suburb of Palm Springs. Still, it's not somewhere you would expect to find award winning dining. We got hungry driving through and found the Yelp listing. I thought it might be a joke.

3000 reviews, 5 stars. Listed in the top 5 Yelp listings 5 years running.

Here is the website

It sure doesn't look like much - tucked way in the back of an industrial complex:

How was it? Excellent! Not sure about best in the country but it's surely the best in Indio and among the best sandwiches I've ever had.

This is the "Mexican Marilyn Monroe" - a chicken salad sandwich on Jalapeno bread with hot chipoltle sauce. It's the bread that makes it. They make all of their breads in house and they are all fantastic. Potato salad is good too.

It's also the owners and the crew. Super friendly, super enthusiastic. Gave us free cookies when we told him we had never been there before.

I rated them 5 stars. ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34914 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Here is the 2020 list. TKB isn’t on it.

Yelp top 100 2020.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34914 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I really haven't been following things closely, but I thought the buzz was that Yelp was hopelessly corrupt.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13809 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post