well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Boris Johnson admitted to hospital
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boris Johnson admitted to hospital
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been admitted to hospital for tests, 10 days after testing positive for coronavirus, Downing Street has said.

He was taken to a London hospital on Sunday evening with "persistent symptoms" - including a temperature.

It is said to be a "precautionary step" taken on the advice of his doctor.

The prime minister remains in charge of the government, but the foreign secretary is expected to chair a coronavirus meeting on Monday morning.

Mr Johnson is expected to stay overnight and is having what have been described as "routine tests", according to BBC Political Editor Laura Kuenssberg.

In a statement, a Downing Street spokeswoman said: "On the advice of his doctor, the prime minister has tonight been admitted to hospital for tests.

"This is a precautionary step, as the prime minister continues to have persistent symptoms of coronavirus 10 days after testing positive for the virus."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52177125

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
no comment

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25705 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
After 10 days?

Sounds serious

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
After 10 days?

Sounds serious

Just ask Jodi.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
What I was told was 10 days is about when things really go south if they are going to. So my guess is (unless he was already having issues breathing) they want to have him where he needs to be,so they can do some chest radiographs to check on things, and he is right there with the oxygen and IV fluids (if they are needed).

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Been moved to intensive care.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Serious stuff. I guess Dominic Raab takes over for now.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

What I read recently, which was terrifying, is that roughly 50% of the people who are put on ventilators can never come off them (alive, anyway). The lung damage is too severe.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Boris Johnson on Homer

Imagine our bozo in his place ...

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:

What I read recently, which was terrifying, is that roughly 50% of the people who are put on ventilators can never come off them (alive, anyway). The lung damage is too severe.

And both heart damage (newly discovered) and brain damage (often the result of lengthy coma induced for ventilation - especially so long as Covid often requires.).

Poor man. He certainly puts a face on the seriousness of the illness (hoping Trump is paying attention).

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not fond of him, but I certainly hope he pulls through this awful illness.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
BTW, intensive care does not necessarily mean on a ventilator ... yet.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
BBC reports he is on oxygen but not on a ventilator.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
My friend john got moved to ICU a few days ago, but not on a ventilator, seems they were able to take care of him better in there, he was able to do some much needed physical therapy, the oxygen delivery system was more flexible in there. He has since been moved back out, still on oxygen, but really improving and they are hopeful he will be able to go home the end of the week.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Not a fan either, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Let's hope he was moved there out of an "abundance of caution," and he responds as Jodi's friend did. And, possibly, emerges from this a bit wiser about the nature of this virus.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post