well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Russia anyone?

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/7201050366

11 February 2019, 05:13 PM
jon-nyc
Russia anyone?
Anyone applied for a Russian tourist visa in the last few years?

I can do my own internet research, of course, just wondering if anyone has personal experience they can share.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

11 February 2019, 06:47 PM
pianojuggler
Sorry, no. Mine was a business visa. My benevolent employer outsources that and a woman (in the U.S.) called me to run through the questions. The only one I couldn't give a straight answer on was whether I had ever had a Russian visa before. Yes and no. My last one was in 1981. She said, in that case, the answer is "no"... that was issued by the USSR, not the RF.

All I can say is: be prepared for a glacially-slow process and for your name to be spelled in Cyrillic in a way you never imagined.

Where are you going?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

11 February 2019, 07:14 PM
jon-nyc
Just St Petersburg for a few days, unless we decide it’s more trouble than it’s worth. But I’ll probably slog through the process.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

12 February 2019, 01:08 PM
piqué
Jon keep us posted on how it goes. I've always wanted to go there, though I'm mainly interested in kamchatka, not cities.

fear is the thief of dreams

12 February 2019, 04:53 PM
Daniel
Thanks, jon.

I've wanted to go there since my middle school Russian classes, but I transferred to Florida for 9th grade, so no dice.