well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    EDIT: GREAT News!!! (Was: Some good news re My aunt...)
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EDIT: GREAT News!!! (Was: Some good news re My aunt...)
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
EDIT Apri 3rd:
My aunt is home!! They discharged her from the hospital!!!
happydance

I don't have any details, she just sent me a quick note, and I'm not going to bother my cousin just yet. But this is such, such great news!!!!!!!

EDIT March 31st, I'll just repost what I posted at the end of this thread:

I have some good news:
My aunt moved out of ICU today!! I am having a really hard time not crying right now.

My cousin said she was able to sleep last night without the bipap machine. She's still in the hospital, and still isolation, but in a bigger room and "not in critical care" anymore.

This is such good news. I think my heart might burst.

ORIGINAL POST from March 28th:

My (paternal) aunt has COVID, she went into the hospital with pneumonia on Wednesday and her test results finally came back. She's on oxygen and a bipap machine (I don't actually know that is) and she is receiving various other kinds of treatment but not on a ventilator. She's not allowed to have visitors (well, I mean the whole hospital is closed to visitors) and my uncle (her spouse) is in self-quarantine. She texted this morning and said she had a good night last night.

So I am cautiously hopeful. She is about the same age as my mom (so either 75 or 76). More relevant though is that she has suffered from rheumatoid arthritis almost her entire life and has long had problems with her immune system.

She's also one of the kindest people I know, and just a true model of the kind of human we should all want to be. Since I was in high school probably, people have always said I look like her, and I always loved hearing that.

Please keep her, and my cousins and their families, in your thoughts, and your prayers if you pray.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18316 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Done.

Group Hug

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37768 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 18316 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Group Hug

Ditto!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9787 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
May she get better soon.

This is do scary...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this SK. Frowner Sending good thoughts...

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Comfort

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some medical problems can make it hard for you to breathe. In these cases, you might benefit from bilevel positive airway pressure. It is commonly known as “BiPap” or “BPap.” It is a type of ventilator—a device that helps with breathing.

Posts: 12501 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P*D, thanks for that... Hmm, I wonder why everyone keeps saying she's not on a ventilator then.

Ahh, a little googling suggests that a bipap machine is "Non-invasive mechanical ventilation," whereas what is usually called a ventilator is "invasive mechanical ventilation." That actually makes a lot of sense, and would explain the distinction people are making.

Well, hopefully she will continue to be stable and slowly get better.

Thank you all.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
It's a ventilator "lite." No intubation.

Posts: 12501 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Thinking good thoughts.

*hugs*

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30029 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Wish her a speedy recovery.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
Wish her a speedy recovery.
+1

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12681 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Sending healing thoughts and best wishes to your entire family. Comfort

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Oh I’m so sorry, SK. Keeping her in our thoughts. Comfort

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20411 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post