well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Pelosi joins my sh*t list
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pelosi joins my sh*t list
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted
I've had it with her. Not only hasn't she got what it takes to do the right thing vis-a-vis impeachment, today she hands the administration $4.6 billion for the border saying 'we trust you will do the right thing with it'. TRUST!? TRUST TRUMP!? What the hell is she drinking these days?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...ll/story?id=63988762

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10562 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What would you have her do?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34833 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
What would you have her do?

If the children come first, as Pelosi is saying, she should have had the House stay in DC another day to work on amending the Senate bill. It is clear from her actions that their freakin' holiday is more important than the children. There are absolutely NO guarantees that the situation at the border will improve and Pelosi just handed the admin another $4.6 billion to continue what they're already doing. I'm so @(#(*$^@# pissed right now.

Posts: 10562 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Remember when Schumer and Pelosi said they had an agreement with Trump on DACA? How did that work out?

I can't believe this.

AOC is right about about this and I'm sick and tired of Pelosi.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I would vote for AOC any day over Pelosi. Any day. That's what leadership looks like.

The Democrats are simply rolling over. Weak as water.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/pol...is-week-in-politics/

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Impeachment would never come to a vote in McConnell
s Senate. Why the exercise in futility?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25675 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
That's also why she caved on this bill. Because she could pass a better bill in the House, but it'd never make it through the Senate.

And, in this case, a bad bill was better than no bill, because a no bill would result in deteriorating conditions for those held at the border.

She held her nose and did what she had to do. I don't like it either, but the alternative was worse. She wasn't going to get a better bill through the Senate.

Her leverage can only be used in cases in which the Republicans need or want a bill to pass more than the Democrats do ... where a "no bill" situation is intolerable to Republicans. This wasn't one of those cases. They'd have walked away and allowed more people to die at the border.

She cannot force the Senate to pass a better bill.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I agree. It was the best option available. Politics is the art of the possible.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13520 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yup.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37752 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
That's also why she caved on this bill. Because she could pass a better bill in the House, but it'd never make it through the Senate.

And, in this case, a bad bill was better than no bill, because a no bill would result in deteriorating conditions for those held at the border.

She held her nose and did what she had to do. I don't like it either, but the alternative was worse. She wasn't going to get a better bill through the Senate.

Her leverage can only be used in cases in which the Republicans need or want a bill to pass more than the Democrats do ... where a "no bill" situation is intolerable to Republicans. This wasn't one of those cases. They'd have walked away and allowed more people to die at the border.

She cannot force the Senate to pass a better bill.

This bad bill is not better than no bill. It is nothing. There is nothing in the bill that Pelosi passed that guarantees the monies will be spent to better the conditions of the children at the border. Nothing. The administration is free to spend the money however they want. She could at least put up a fight, she could show McConnell that it isn't going to be as easy as he thinks. I'm totally with AOC on this and can't wait for the day Pelosi is given the boot she deserves.

"Oh my, the enemy is strong, we must turn back." Cowards.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Impeachment would never come to a vote in McConnells Senate. Why the exercise in futility?

Really? You don't understand the principles involved? You don't understand the duty of the House of Representatives when presented with compelling evidence? That they are obliged to open an investigation to get to the heart of the matter? Impeachment proceedings would publicly air a lot of garbage that needs airing.

"Oh no, we're not going to win, we must turn back." Cowards and traitors.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Given the attitude here, Pelosi and the House Democratic majority might as well take a vacation from now till the next election because McConnell controls the Senate, and there's nothing they can do. Why even bother having a Democratically controlled House!? Just go on vacation already, you'll be just as effective.

She's there to fight and if she hasn't got the spirit, hand the job to Ocasio-Cortez and those who are willing to expend the energy to fight back.

Rolling over dead doesn't help anyone, least of all innocent children.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pelosi and the House Democratic majority might as well take a vacation from now till the next election because McConnell controls the Senate, and there's nothing they can do.

Disclaimer: I am not a deep political thinker. However, perhaps there's a clue in this sentence. Pelosi et al may feel that there are some things that they can do, and they are unwilling to throw those things away in order to conduct an impeachment hearing that has exactly zero chance of gaining support in the Senate.

However, I will admit to being undecided on this one. I think there are valid points on both sides. I'm generally not a fan of scorched earth policies but this administration is leading me in that direction.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
Given the attitude here, Pelosi and the House Democratic majority might as well take a vacation from now till the next election because McConnell controls the Senate, and there's nothing they can do. Why even bother having a Democratically controlled House!? Just go on vacation already, you'll be just as effective.

She's there to fight and if she hasn't got the spirit, hand the job to Ocasio-Cortez and those who are willing to expend the energy to fight back.

Rolling over dead doesn't help anyone, least of all innocent children.

You completely ignore the fact that she’s rolled McConnell on things he and the President want.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I keep thinking back to the Nixon impeachment hearings, and how that was such a revelation for so many people about how slimy he and his inner group were. I do think that it would be similarly eye-opening to have a full hearing on Trump. But if I understand correctly, that hearing can only happen in the Senate, and that's where my fantasy comes to a grinding halt. I think the House may have the votes to impeach Trump, but it would not result in any sort of Senate hearings, which would be where the true value would be.

My 2c.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post