well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So now what? Mr Jodi has a fever.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So now what? Mr Jodi has a fever.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry, I know how worrisome this must be right now.

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Nothing helpful to add. Just, I hope Mr Jodi is feeling better soon and you don't catch whatever he has.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry, Jodi--but the odds are strongly in your favor that this is "just" a cold or flu. Still of course you are worried. And how frustrating that you can't get any medical people to pay attention.

I guess in the meantime, Mr. Jodi just needs to manage things as if he were plain ol' sick--rest, fluids, washing hands, etc. And you should also be careful, obviously. Staying as healthy as possible is most likely the best defense against this or any other winter malaise.

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Just saw this (no paywall), which seems pretty straightforward and helpful.

Doctor answers questions about coronavirus

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
With his travel history, they should be testing him. Here are a couple of ideas:

Call the state department of health for guidance. They may already have a plan and the authority to get him tested.

Wait and see about the art show. Get more info on what he actually has, first. You've got time.

Call the emergency room again and ask for him to be tested for influenza. If he tests positive that will be a huge relief as far as the other issues. If he tests negative, probably best that you both quarantine at home.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21283 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So here we go (from nina’s link):

“A: The mild symptoms are body ache, maybe some fever and a cough. And those symptoms last for about a week: The mild symptoms are body ache, maybe some fever and a cough. And those symptoms last for about a week”

This is exactly what is going on with Steve right now. I called both the health department (they seem to have a designated person in charge of the coronavirus information listed on their website) and the office of the nurse practitioner (part of the hospital that I called last night). I have called the health department twice, and the doctors office once, that was almost 2 hours ago and I have heard nothing.

Obviously Steve will stay home until he is better - the question now is, what do I do? If it’s Covid19, I need to stay home. If it’s not, then I can continue doing the things I need to do, right? so it would be good to know one way or the other, even if it’s a flu test to most likely rule Covid19 out? These are the questions I’d really like to talk to a health professional about.

I cancelled a hair appointment this morning, I’m supposed to take our cat with a chronic illness into the vet tomorrow for his weekly injection. And there is that art show that is insisting on going forward even though the main show venue has postponed (they are saying - oh, wow, more visitors for our show!). Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20398 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Jodi have you been to this site? Links to click on there:

https://dphhs.mt.gov/publichea...seases/coronavirusmt

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21283 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I know it's beyond inconvenient, but in the short term, can you act as if both you and Steve need t be quarantined? The only thing in your list that I see that is a concern is the cat to the vet trip... Will your cat's health be jeopardized if you don't go?

Everything else that you can cancel, cancel until you have assurance that it's not COVID.

At least that's how my mind is working...

I'm so sorry!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
This is what that site says:

Does Kirkland Washington count as an area? - all that is listed in this link are other countries.

Still no word from the doctor.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this, Jodi. Still, the odds are in your favor.

I just saw a tweet from the genetic virologist who first figured out how many latent cases there were in WA.. He said even now the vast majority of people presenting with symptoms are testing negative.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Poor Steve and you, Jodi. The unneccessary nuisance factor for you both of denying Steve testing stands out and I'm very sorry for the whole snafu.

May it be resolved for the best soon!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Ok, that’s good to know. (Jon’s comment) I just got a call back from the doctors office, initially she said, there is nothing we can do if it’s coronavirus, then I said - look - if it’s coronavirus, then I need to stay home too, and I have a horse at a barn than needs care, and the barn has an immune compromised owner - so can we at least try to start by rule it out with a flu test (because, and I’m only guessing here, if he is flu positive, he probably doesn’t have both?). So she asked if I had masks, she put in an order for a flu swab and she told me that we both need to wear masks and to bring him in today.

and low and behold, the big box of 3M masks I have in the garage that I bought in Maine to protect me from dust are N95 approved. So we will go as soon as I can get him out of bed and dressed. Keep your fingers crossed (for what, I’m not sure. I want it to be flu, he said he’s just as soon catch coronavirus now and get it over with. Blink)

I feel like I’m living in an alternate reality here in Montana, compared to what we are seeing on the news...

Smiler Jodi

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I would also put on a mask and take kitty to the vet. And wash your hands thoroughly as your are leaving, then again when you get home.

But that's just me.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
How odd to say....Here's hoping it's the flu.....

Sounds like a great plan, jodi.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for everything to work out ok, whatever way it takes to get there!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post