well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So now what? Mr Jodi has a fever.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So now what? Mr Jodi has a fever.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
No,my son is not showing symptoms. But Steve went more places than he did, including mass transit and airports.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20398 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
So he tested negative for the flu. County Health department person called me back, I told her about him, then called her back after we got the negative results of the test. At the moment, they are only testing people with symptoms who had travelled internationally. She said they have to not only rule out flu, but strep and several other viruses that cause respiratory symptoms before they will test for COVID19. That there aren’t enough tests at the moment, but that there are supposed to be more soon. That things are changing by the hour. That she would run this by the state health dept tomorrow. That if he develops shortness of breath (gets worse) we should put a mask on him and take him to the ER at which point the ER will call her, and we will go from there. She said as long as I was not exhibiting symptoms, I was ok to go out (that part I’m hesitant about - as I feel ok, but not completely well - slight cough, and that weird feeling you get in your lungs when you’ve been swimming all day - like I’m getting a cold. So for now I’ll stay home and we’ll reevaluate tomorrow.

Oh no. I think you are doing the right thing by staying home. But who will take care of Rico? Do you think that maybe as long as you are outdoors you don't pose a risk to others?

Oddly I also had a slight cough and pressure in my lungs, like they are tight today. But then I went out for a hike in the fresh air and now feel much better. Maybe you can get out in the open air and get some exercise.

And very glad to hear Andrew isn't sick.

Comfort

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21283 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We’re all pulling for Mr. J. ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Perri, I have a friend who is lunging Rico tonight, and if I feel better tomorrow I will go get him out when it’s not busy.

Smiler Jodi

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Jodi. Sending goodness your way.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
As of this morning, Steve still has a fever (and is still in bed). I am developing a pretty good cough, but no other symptoms yet. Last night he was going through those awful chilled, hot cycles (don’t think that’s a symptom of coronavirus, but who knows at this point) Keep your fingers crossed!

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Definitely keeping our fingers crossed for both of you.

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh Jodi, I'm sorry to hear this! Take good care of yourselves!! And don't hesitate to go to ER if things seem to get worse!

Comfort

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Jodi, I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. Here's hoping it leaves as quickly as it came.

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Hoping you both are feeling better soon, Jodi! Take good care of yourselves.

Comfort

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of piqaboo
posted Hide Post
Oh geez!

Hoping for a quick resolution with the best results, for both of you.

OT's ball 'n chain

Posts: 2691 | Registered: 07 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jodi, how are you two doing?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post