well-temperedforum.groupee.net
So now what? Mr Jodi has a fever.

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/7143979397

10 March 2020, 03:29 PM
jodi
So now what? Mr Jodi has a fever.
Took him in. Feels weird wearing masks when nobody else is. He said the nasal swab was super uncomfortable. Lab technician (who was wearing a mask and gloves) said the flu test only takes about 1/2 hour for results and we should hear from our doctor. I will call later this afternoon if I haven’t heard anything. He’s still got a fever, and has those icky chills. (So hopefully it’s the flu...) At least one person has recently tested positive for influenza where he works.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

10 March 2020, 03:32 PM
CHAS
Cannot recall ever hoping for the flu before. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

10 March 2020, 03:35 PM
jodi
I know. Crazy times we are living in... Blink

Smiler Jodi

10 March 2020, 03:40 PM
ShiroKuro
Fingers crossed!!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

10 March 2020, 06:10 PM
LL
Hoping for the best

I would self quarantine, as hard as that might be

So sorry jodi

The earth laughs in flowers

10 March 2020, 06:15 PM
piqué
quote:
and low and behold, the big box of 3M masks I have in the garage that I bought in Maine to protect me from dust are N95 approved.

You just vindicated all the packrats of the world!

fear is the thief of dreams

10 March 2020, 06:19 PM
piqué
Great job of persuasion, Jodi! Tell SG we said to feel better soon!

fear is the thief of dreams

10 March 2020, 06:30 PM
RealPlayer
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:
and low and behold, the big box of 3M masks I have in the garage that I bought in Maine to protect me from dust are N95 approved.

You just vindicated all the packrats of the world!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

10 March 2020, 06:32 PM
BeeLady
I am so sorry you have to go through this.

Fingers crossed for a good result.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

10 March 2020, 08:21 PM
jodi
So he tested negative for the flu. County Health department person called me back, I told her about him, then called her back after we got the negative results of the test. At the moment, they are only testing people with symptoms who had travelled internationally. She said they have to not only rule out flu, but strep and several other viruses that cause respiratory symptoms before they will test for COVID19. That there aren’t enough tests at the moment, but that there are supposed to be more soon. That things are changing by the hour. That she would run this by the state health dept tomorrow. That if he develops shortness of breath (gets worse) we should put a mask on him and take him to the ER at which point the ER will call her, and we will go from there. She said as long as I was not exhibiting symptoms, I was ok to go out (that part I’m hesitant about - as I feel ok, but not completely well - slight cough, and that weird feeling you get in your lungs when you’ve been swimming all day - like I’m getting a cold. So for now I’ll stay home and we’ll reevaluate tomorrow.

Smiler Jodi

10 March 2020, 08:23 PM
wtg
Mr wtg and I will be thinking about you guys and hoping for the best.

Comfort

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

10 March 2020, 08:25 PM
kluurs
Hi Jodi - so sorry to hear all of this. Glad you're staying home. I hope the test situation gets resolved soon so that you know what you're dealing with - the not knowing thing is always tough.
10 March 2020, 08:36 PM
RealPlayer
Oh dear—-hoping for the best outcome, for you both. Comfort

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

10 March 2020, 09:07 PM
ShiroKuro
Jodi I’m sending lots healing thoughts to you and S! Comfort

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

10 March 2020, 09:10 PM
LL
Is your son showing any symptoms?

The earth laughs in flowers