well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Christmas in October

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas in October
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I went to get my hair cut today, and Mr wtg went with. His barber retired back in May and I've been cutting his hair since with some success, but I figured I could use some hints from a pro. I got my lesson, and we both got our hair cut.

Totally unexpected...we got gifts, too! Two bottles of liqueur (one sambuca and one coffee) and a bottle of red wine that my hairdresser and friend Maria said is simply fabulous. She has family in the importing business, I think, so she can get her hands on all kinds of goodies...

For some reason, liqueurs have been migrating to our house. Last month when I was helping clear out some stuff from my neighbor's house, I inherited a bottle of B&B, which I haven't had in years. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it.

And on a related note...

During last weekend's Great Furniture Move, I rediscovered some crystal cordial glasses that my parents purchased back in the 60s. I always loved them. The decanter had a film on the inside, but I've managed to get almost all of it off. Here are the glasses:

Guess there was a reason they percolated back into my consciousness....I have all kinds of stuff to pour into them now!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post