well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The American Prairie Reserve

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The American Prairie Reserve
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
Jodi and pique probably know a lot about this.

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/08...a7gCyjJshT03TCsfaGKg

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Interesting and I can see both sides, having met some Montana ranchers. There is something awfully attractive about a piece of the great plains restored.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Just don't let it become a real National Park, 'cause then someone like Trump can come along and destroy it.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I like how everyone is confident that God is on their side.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of interesting hybrid approaches out there. I've not heard of this one, but it's kind of cool. Certainly putting a preserve into a private partnership makes some sense given the uncertainty around federal land management. The Nature Conservancy has done some interesting work here in eastern Oregon (big time ranching land), working with the ranchers to establish areas where conservation and ranching can co-exist.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Just don't let it become a real National Park, 'cause then someone like Trump can come along and destroy it.

Not sure I understand that. Trump has nibbled away some BLM monuments like Bears Ears in Utah, but I'm unaware of a president's unilateral ability to cut land off a recognized national park.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post