well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I am converting

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am converting
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
No, there was no burning bush.
I am converting to Apple products.
Google has done nothing for Bluetooth hearing aid wearers. They have been promising for a few years.
My new Resound hearing aids worked poorly with the app on my Android phone.
Traded the Android in, coming out near even on the $$$.
Got an iPhone XR. Liked that so much I used bank points and got a 10.5 iPad Pro.
Apple's laptops do not have the MFi (Made for i
Phone) feature. Not in a hurry to get one of those.

So far I like the Apple products a lot.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The Apple products are great ... when they work. Their software will drive you crazy, though.

Be prepared for the following scenario: your password doesn't work any more. IT'S THE SAME DAMNED PASSWORD YOU'VE HAD FOR YEARS, BUT IT DOESN'T WORK ANY MORE. (No, it doesn't frustrate me. Why do you ask?)

Don't change the password. See if there is a software update for iOS. There is? Update it. Presto, your password works again.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Apple is notorious for disabling functions when you have the temerity to not update to the latest software.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Best reason to move to Apple is privacy.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I got Resound hearing aids a few months ago, and was told they really don't work well with Android, but do with Apple.

I don't have a smartphone but am now considering getting one, and the hearing-aid connection makes me favor Apple (plus it can sync with my Apple desktop). I do regret how expensive Apple products are though.

I think the Resound connection is just for changing settings (which I can easily do by pressing buttons on the hearing aid itself). So not a real necessity. But it could be nice having a smartphone for its other myriad uses.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Quirt, Have encountered the password problem before with iPods. Thanks That explains a lot.

Suspect the days of privacy are over.

The Resound app gives me more settings than the four I can get with the buttons on my jumbo hearing aids. The more popular models get more options than I have.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post